Yesterday, on episode 2 of Loki, we lastly laid eyes on the Loki variant the TVA has been chasing. And it wasn’t what we anticipated to search out.
This Loki? She’s a girl, performed by actress Sophia Di Martino, and he or she was instantly dubbed “Girl Loki” by followers, referencing a comic book storyline the place Loki was in reality, a girl.
And but, that will not be what’s truly occurring right here, and there’s proof this Loki variant could not truly be a Loki in any respect.
The idea is that this character is definitely Enchantress. No, not the bizarre, dancing one performed by Cara Delevingne in Suicide Squad. That’s DC. There’s truly a Marvel Enchantress (or two) with direct connections to Asgard and Loki.
So, the proof:
- This Loki doesn’t need to be referred to as Loki, and acts disgusted on the identify. Therefore her adopting the “Randy” moniker in the interim.
- The Loki-connected Enchantress’ identify is Sylvie Lushton, and within the Spanish credit of this episodes, the voice over actress is connected to a personality named “Sylvie” as a substitute of “The Variant” listed within the different credit.
- IMDB has Strolling Lifeless actress Cailey Fleming taking part in “Younger Sylvie” later within the sequence.
- Means again in 2013, Tom Hiddleston apparently pitched a solo Loki film based mostly on the Enchantress storyline.
- Sylvie Lushton’s Enchantress is…blonde.
What’s the story with Sylvie within the comics, and why would possibly she hate Loki?
Effectively, the unique Enchantress was Amora, a phenomenal, goddess in a number of Thor storylines. However Sylvie Lushton was a human who truly given her powers by Loki himself, and took the Enchantress identify. Supposedly her total existence was simply to amuse Loki, as he loved the concept of creating a mortal with powers who believed she was a god of Asgard. She frolicked within the Younger Avengers, a staff that I secretly suspect the MCU could also be trying to being to kind (Kate Bishop, Wiccan and Pace all are showing on Disney Plus already).
The thought right here is that this Loki not being a Loki, and relatively being somebody with a grudge towards Loki may very well be one among her motivating elements in inflicting chaos and attempting to show herself superior to different Loki variants. As for what she’s doing to the timeline, I don’t know, and that doesn’t seem to have a particular root within the comics.
After all, this will not be the case. This might simply be a feminine Loki variant and they’re drawing in parts of the comedian Enchantress character with out truly utilizing her. However I believe the proof is fairly vital that they could be happening this different, non-Loki path.
We’ll discover out extra within the coming weeks.
Subscribe to my free weekly content material round-up e-newsletter, God Rolls.